The 2nd OSEPA conference explores the strategic impact of FOSS adoption and relates it to the environment and potential of European Public Administrations. It focuses on the potential of FOSS uptake by EPAs (presenting results of OSEPA surveys, guidelines on technical and economic efficiency, policy recommendations, best practices etc).
FOSS in European Public Administrations
This theme will provide a chance to present the results of the OSEPA survey, good practices and case studies identified in the OSEPA project.
- Best practices and case studies
- FOSS uptake by European Public Administrations - Results of the OSEPA survey
- FOSS drivers and inhibitors for public administrations
- Moving forward - public administrations and the open source community
FOSS legal and economic aspects in the EU context
Software licensing schemes, overall cost assessment of FOSS migration or adoption projects, legal and economic aspects of open source software will receive great attention.
- Licence types, IPR and use rights: the legal aspects of FOSS in the public sector
- Costs, benefits and opportunities: the economic properties of open source
- FOSS licensing scenarios
- The potential of the European Union Public Licence
Collaborating towards shared FOSS solutions for trusted and innovative public services
This theme embraces the need to create new software environment. With the advent of new software provision models and emergent technologies (e.g. cloud computing) new challenges and opportunities for public organisation arise.
- FOSS and cloud computing
- Interoperability & compatibility issues
- Data access and security
- FOSS for mobility
- E-government services
- FOSS networking tools